Wednesday, September 26, 2007

early day

The morning started early with Cody waking up at 5:30 with a fever. We're not sure the second antibiotic is working on his ear infection. We'll find out tomorrow morning. I was not give a guest lecture in a class at Baylor and again wonderful friends found help for us (someone to watch Cody while I lectured and Rhonda went to the hospital).

We did celebrate today as Rhonda finished her last of the 3 IGG treatments today early (4:30pm). Still, she was wiped out by the end of the day. The headache, head pressure and heaviness of head continue to plague her. MRI tomorrow.

Everything has left me a bit emotionally thin. I was talking about character today in class and sharing a common definition of a person with good character-"knowing, loving and doing the good." When I briefly mentioned what folks had done for us (the doing part), I broke down. Some of the students came up after classe and asked if they could pray for me--one of the many joys of teaching at Baylor. My prayer is that this thing does not suck the life our of our family but that we truly live abudantly in the midst of it.

No comments: