Saturday, September 1, 2007

So Thankful

It is hard to believe two weeks ago I was wondering whether I should go to the hospital or not. I am so glad that I did. I am so thankful that they quickly diagnosed me and started the gammaglobulin infusion right away. A lot has happened in the last two weeks and there are times I find myself wondering if it really happened. Of course that doesn't last long when I get up and try to walk to the kitchen.

When Perry told me that he was going to start a blog it overwhelmed me. Thankfully he was the one writing and so I rested. It is not until recently that I have had any motivation to write. Needless to say I have had lots of time to think and read and of course lots of time to pray and reflect. It has been so good!! and really I have felt so peaceful. Thank you for praying! I have really felt God's presence and know without a doubt that I could not do this without him. There are many times during the day where we have little pep talks (especially in the morning). God has helped me so much in choosing to be thankful, choosing to recognize his presence and control during this time, and recognizing all the answered prayer.
I wanted to share a couple of answered prayer
*Prior to the summer my sweet Cody was still pretty clingy and really found new situations difficult. He even cried when I mentioned that he would be going to preschool in the fall. He made a dramatic transformation this summer and I hardly recognize this mature boy. Is that a coincidence? No way. The adjustment to preschool has been easy, he got rid of his pull-ups at night with no problem, and is much more independent. God was preparing him.
*Some of you may know that Perry has a sabbatical this semester. What a blessing that has been for him to work when he can but not have the stress of teaching classes. Praise God he still gets paid and we have benefits. We were even blessed with some extra money this summer which God knew we would need to help pay for medical bills.
*It certainly is no coincidence that one of my favorite verses in the last few years is so applicable. Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

So, I am so blessed by all your encouragement and help. Pray for continued peace and especially this week as we adjust to not have grandma around. She has been amazing!

No comments: