Thursday, September 13, 2007

Improvement and Cody

Today, was the first noticable day of significant improvement for Rhonda since the second hit of the syndrome. We think the steroids may be helping with the inflamation which may be helping with the other symptoms. She's gotten out to the kitchen and living room twice today.

I think the boys will be happy to see some progress. Yesterday, I smiled at Cody across the table while typing some e-mail. Usually, he returns my smiles. Instead, he looked seriously at me and asked, "Daddy, when is mommy going to get better." I can tell he's feeling things a bit. Still, he also asked Rhonda excitedly last night, "Whose house do I get to go to next!" He's been loving the chance to experience lots of new friends and toys.

The other good news is that we've also had our other need met for Cody on Thursday. He'll be going to the Mother's Day out at our church where they had an opening. We're also continually blessed by folks offering help with the kids, helping with laundry and providing meals.

Yet, just as things improve a little, Cody has come down with a fever and cough. As a result, I'm home with him right now. Still, that doesn't seem so big when there are bigger challenges in the house. Perhaps, it is Lord bringing peace in the midst of caring for three. Thanks for your prayers.

No comments: