Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Body

The body of Christ has been wonderful. When I've been physically, emotionally and mentally wiped out, someone has called to offer help, etc. I thank you and the Lord for it all. For instance, the last blog was actually delivered over a neighbors unsecured e-mail connection (I figured they'd understand), because out internet went out. Then yesterday, a colleague from work just called to see if I needed anything. He went out and visited two stores to get the part I needed (note: trust Radio Shack and not Circuit City on those things). Others have offered help with the boys. Two others came over to clean up our house. We certainly couldn't do it without the wonderful help. Especially because this second recurrance of the symptoms really hit us all hard emotionally. It's hard to feel like we're starting recovery all over again (and even at times we've wondered--how soon is recovery starting again). I can even tell that Cody is feeling it. Bennett interestly is really responding as a servant leader for which I'm thankful. When I've asked him to rise to the challenge of helping he has done so. Cody also in his own way. He's been learning how to take water to mommy--a wonderful reversal since for his four years of life he has constantly asked mommy to get him drinks.

Rhonda is doing a bit better, since she has mainly been resting in bed. She is back to using the walker and she also feels like not only her lower body but also her upper body is weak again. We felt like we were taking revovery slow, but we realize we'll have to take it even slower. Fortunately, the stomach nauseu has subsided so she can eat and drink coffee (two things that help her strength and the headaches). The nausueu and headaches have really been the tough symptoms.

Spiritually, you learn a lot about yourself during this time. We don't ask the why questions really--we both know this kind of stuff fills our fallen and broken world--even for Christians. We have experienced the wonderful redemptive role of Christ's body in the midst of our body's being broken. Even now, it brings tears to my eyes. As for me personally, I find that in the midst of the flurry, those old habits come out--good and bad. It strips away the props and reveals you for who you are--sometimes a demanding, defensive person who wants the world to work right and people (espcially doctors and pharmacists) to be efficient for my family/ and sometimes a person who perseveres in the midst of struggle/ and sometimes someone who lets stress eat away my strength/ and sometimes someone who draws inspiration from the best of life's music, love and friendship. I appreicate your prayers for the spirit of God to guide, stenghten and heal us.

No comments: