Saturday, September 15, 2007

Grace and gifts

This whole experience sure makes you appreciate the gifts from people that just lift your spirits at the right time. Each of the past two Saturdays I found my attitude was going in the wrong direction, and I found myself frustrated and angry quite easily. Both Saturdays friends (not knowing my state) happened to offer to keep the kids for a few hours. Both times Rhonda and I felt the gift of silence and time alone refreshed us immensely. These little gifts from God and others have been precious. We only hope we can return such wonderful gifts to others when they need them.

Rhonda is slowly doing a bit better. Recovery after the relapse has been much slower (we're also tryng to take it slower). She is still using the walker, but she did get outside for a brief moment this morning. This is the first time she's been outside since the doctor's appointment on Monday. Since she is spending a large amount of time in bed, she's catching up on lots of reading and watching more movies than she's watched probably the whole last year. She'll be open to any recommendations.

No comments: