Monday, October 1, 2007

usual fall day in Glanzer house

Well, it was a usual fall day in the Glanzer house. One of the kids went to school (Cody). One went to the doctor to get on antibiotics (Bennett for strep). Rhonda went to the hospital (to retake her eye test). And I tried to work at home between interuptions, trips to school or trips to the doctor.

Rhonda had a bad night of sleep again due to a reaction to some Advil PM. Some of you may wonder why some of her symptoms are not treated easily with medicine (e.g., sleep medicine, headache medicine, etc.). Part of the problem is that Rhonda has some weird reactions to medicines (she did even before GB). She'll feel dizzy, faint or one side of her body will tingle, etc. GB seems to have really aggravated this problem. As a result, she becomes very tenative about taking things. It also makes her nervious about nights--which feel so long when she can't sleep

So the one good night and day on Sunday seems to have been followed by a below average night and day. Her left eye continues to bother her as well, so she cannot read or watch videos like she used to. If any of you have good books on tape, it seems that will have to be our new route. We hope to learn more about the eye test at the appointment on Thursday as well as the MRI.

One other note. I appreciate your prayers as well. I've been doing decent, but Bennett's sickness this morning just made me angry, not necessarily at God, just angry about life's current circumstances. It get's compounded when I can't do certain things with my right thumb (open a jar) and can't get any work done. I worked through it, but just the emotions of it all wear me out--something I don't need right now.

2 comments:

clm said...

Wow! I actually succeeded at doing this blogger account creation thing--friends have been an incredible motivation in most of my advancements with technology--thanks!

Thank you, Perry, for your consistent and honest updates on Rhonda and the rest of your houshold, including yourself!

You are in my thoughts often! I've tried to come up with Scripture and/or encouraging things to write, but they seem VERY trite at the moment. Then I think of going the sarcastic route (i.e. "Rhonda could have just SAID that she didn't want to do Baskets of Hope this year instead of going to all this trouble"), but I'm not sure humor is appropriate at this point.

I will share a prayer by Larry Crabb that I read during a tough time in my life, and I continue to turn to it in times of uncertainty . . . .

"Father, give me the courage to believe that You are a very good God."

Sincerely . . . Carrie Lynn

Anonymous said...

Our family has been praying for you guys. Rhonda we will pray that your eyes will get better and that your headaches will go away very soon. I hope you know that we are praying for you.