Sunday, October 21, 2007

An eventful week

I'm back from my 8 day trip to Hungary, Slovakia and Romania. It was quite an eventful week both for me but especially for our family (including my parents who were here helping taking care of Rhonda an the boys).

Last Monday, Bennett accientally ate a peanut butter rice crispee after his soccer game. Since he is allergic to peanuts, Rhonda and my dad ended up in the ER. They got home around 11 pm after shots of epinephrin. Fortunately, Rhonda felt like she didn't pay too badly for the late night out.

To add to the weekly excitement on Wednesday morning, our fridge went out.

On Thursday I missed one of my trains (fortunately, I was able to get a second one). Still, there is nothing to improve your prayer life like taking a 9pm train into a Romanian town where I guy you don't know and have never met or seen is supposed to meet you.

Today, Cody wanted to get in on the excitement. He screamed/cried for 45 minutes straight (while writhing on the floor) after dinner until he fell asleep. We believe it was due to stomach cramps (we suspect perhaps an allergy).

All in all, we've all had a tiring week. Fortunately, in the midst of this all Rhonda still is inching forward. I've returned to find her walking around the room without her walker and being bit more active.

We're praying this next week will be better, especially since my parents leave Tuesday.

No comments: