Thursday, October 11, 2007

Trial and error

As you probably have figured out from reading the blog that every day and every week is a different experience. That is what makes it so challenging at times because I am always trying to figure out how much I can do based on how I respond (ie. can I go the kitchen and eat with my family this evening). My physical therapist described it well by saying that there is an invisible line and you don't always know when you have crossed it. So many times I felt okay at the time only to suffer from my activity the next day. I am learning unfortunately the hard way. My body is so sensitive and especially this week reading books and my Bible and even watching movies trigger headaches and pressure in the back of my head. So it is at this point where I don't have the things that I would normally use to distract me from the annoying symptoms. What do I do? I pray and memorize scripture that God has given me in the last 8weeks. "Find rest, O my soul in God alone, my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, he is my fortress I will not be shaken" Ps. 62:5, Isa 41:10, Josh 1:9 and many more. Thankfully this afternoon I am feeling a little reprieve from the intensity. Thank you for praying. I have been so blessed by your calls, notes and little gifts you have left on our door step.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we love you guys and are praying for you...

jeremy and jessica courtney