Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Eratic progress

Since life hasn't felt quite so emotionally dramatic lately, I don't find myself posting as much. Rhonda continues to make eratic progress. After a bit of activity this weekend, Rhonda's first night out in two months with some friends and a wheelchair trip to the park for a picnic, she had to slow down and take it easy the past couple days (which means staying off her feet and in bed more). Still, it now feels like we're moving forward a few inches and then maybe going an inch back only once in a while. She can now move around the house more easily, but she still finds she has to plan her trips to the kitchen since they still must be limited. You can pray that she'd have wisdom about where to draw the line. She starts to feel better and then wants to help by doing more--which is her nature (even though I assure her the best help will be a slow, steady recovery).

We would also appreciate your prayers as I'll be leaving for another one of my research trips this Sunday. I'll be traveling to England for ten days to study Christian higher education in that country. Again, I'll be covering a lot of territory. Rhonda's sister and brother-in-law will be in town for the first six days and my mom will fly in for the last four. We hope we don't have any trips to the ER, broken fridges, or missed trains. While drama makes for good blog reading it's nice to have those regular days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rhonda and Perry - You guys AMAZE me! Know that many are praying and love you both! You both have been terrific witnesses through this trial - may God bless you with healing and peace for you family! Love and prayers!