Saturday, October 27, 2007

Encouraged

It has felt so good to be moving around more this week. It has been the first time in the last two months where I have desired to do more. That is good sign! The pressure in my head is mild and I think even my eyes are giving me some relief. It is at this point where I am so thankful and at the same time a bit overwhelmed. Have you ever thought about how much it takes to run a household?Wow! I have told Perry I almost don't even know what to add first (don't worry I don't feel any pressure to do it all but just even the most simple things).I have been quite removed from a lot of it for over two months. It is also hard to know how much my body can handle. This has always the hardest about Guillian Barre. No one is telling. I have definitely found that with increased activity comes more pain in my legs. I have found that I can handle that as long as the pressure in my head is bearable.
So, this past week I have tried to make my own lunch and Perry has started going to Baylor to work. I certainly get tired easily but thankfully my bed is close by and that is comforting. Going to the doctor for the nerve testing was encouraging because it confirmed that I do not have the chronic version which is a huge praise and other part is that nerves that were damaged are healing. Time is really the only thing that will help the healing process. I am constantly reminded of this. It is obvious that going out stresses my body and so I have become quite a home body and content to be at home at least for now.
Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. I know and feel that you are praying. How do I know? The times of discouragement and anxiety have been brief through all this. It really is amazing. I have felt God's presence and have learned so much. I have been keeping a small book of quotes and verses and I am constantly reading them. It has helped me refocus and recognize God's help and provision for me.

Here are a couple of quotes that have made me ponder.
*From Betty Stam who was martyred in China- " Only worthwhile life is one of unconditional surrender to God's will and of living his way and trusting his love and guidance.
*"As long as I was doing, I was in control. Now I could not do and I had no control"(I have certainly had to let go of a lot of things )
My favorite books during this time: ( must reads!!)
Calm my Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow
Lessons I Learned in the Dark by Jennifer Rothschild

Be blessed. You have certainly blessed me and my family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're glad to hear that you've been making progress Rhonda. Our family has been praying for you. One day at a time! Don't overdo it.

May the Lord continue to bless you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.