Monday, December 1, 2008

Very thankful!!

Thanksgiving was very meaningful for me this year and I have to admit that I often found myself teary. Here are a couple of the highlights of the last few weeks.

First, two weeks ago I was able to go to an evening mission meeting. This was a big deal for me. I felt really emotional that night because for one evening I forgot about my illness and remembered my love for missions. It was such a treat. Because my in laws were here to chauffeur, do laundry and make supper I was able to rest during the day and then I was able to go in the evening. Thank you Joe and Cynthia! Did I tell you that I even got to go out for supper with my husband. Yeh!

Second, I also got to go to our church Thanksgiving supper. It has been long time since I went to church in the evening. I realized how thankful I was for the ability to go to church. I was so thankful for my church family who has helped us so much during the last 16 months.

Thirdly, with my mother in laws help we were able to cook a Thanksgiving dinner and have a few of our Russian friends over. What a blessing! It has been awhile since we have been able to entertain. It was very special.

Traditionally every year the boys go out and get a branch and we put it in a vase. We write things we are thankful for on paper leaves and hang it on our tree. Our tree was full and it was a great reminder of how blessed we are.

1Thessalonians 5:22
Be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

Adrianne said...

Yay, sounds like things are going well. I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving with friends and family around to visit and help out.

I love reading your posts and I'm so thankful for you!