Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Great Day!

Today is a great day to celebrate God's faithfulness. My brother is graduating today from Penn State with his doctorate and I can't begin to tell how thankful and greatful to God for answering our prayers. After a very difficult journey he did it. What an amazing accomplishment for someone who has suffered so much. Oh, I wish I could be there to celebrate with them. However, it is probably a good thing because I would be a mess. Is is okay to carry a box of Kleenex with you?
For those of you who have prayed for him over the years thank you. Does God still do the impossible? Yes!!! I have seen it with my own eyes. Yes, he has improved, however he still has tremendous pain that I can't even begin to describe to you. With God's help and his medicine he is more functional and I am amazed at what he can do.
He really is my hero. Even before I got Guillian Barre he taught me a lot about suffering and now through my experience I totally get what he was trying to tell me. He continues to model faithfulness in the midst of a really hard experience. I will never forget the picture he gave me of God weeping with us during our pain. I have often thought of that and God's presence and compassion has certainly got me through the hard days.

So, I celebrate today with my brother and I give all praise and thanksgiving to God for hearing our prayers and allowing him to have this moment.

No comments: