Saturday, December 20, 2008

A bit of relief!

The medicine is working! The last two weeks I have noticed a difference and I feel like I am finally getting to a level in which the Neurontin is helping the pain. Prior to this when I would do anything extra like going to the store or parties at Cody's school I would dearly pay for it in the next few days. I have noticed that I am pain, but it does not disable me as much. This is quite amazing for me and is such a nice relief especially before Christmas. Thank you for your prayers. It mean so much to me. Your prayers have certainly helped sustain me.

Several people have asked me if I thought I was progressing and healing from the Guillian Barre. That is such a hard question. I think so, but it is slow. I feel like I am more functional, but I am not sure if it is because I am taking more medicine or I am healing. I do notice that I don't have as much muscle fatigue as I once did and I am so thankful for that. There have been times when I have backed off on my Neurontin and have noticed my pain increases. So that leads me to believe that if I did not have the Neurontin I would be in more pain. I honestly don't dwell on it too much. I have had to learn to thank God for the gift of today and his provision for today. That is the focus that helps me get through.

2 comments:

Wesley Null said...

Rhonda and Perry:

I'm glad to hear that things seem to be going a bit better. Please know that we are continuing to pray for you guys.

I hope your family has a very Merry Christmas!

Wes and Dana

Adrianne said...

I am so glad to hear you are doing better. What a nice relief for Christmas. You know you are always in our prayers.

Many Merry Christmas wishes to you and your wonderful family. We pray for a very happy and blessed new year for you.