Friday, August 1, 2008

It is hard to wait!

Waiting strenthens us by teaching us that our joy and peace and hope don't depend on when our needs and wants are met. Jennifer Rothschild
Wow!! I have had to ponder this statement a lot. It is so hard to wait sometimes. We think our children are impatient. We are not much different.
Recovery from Guillian Barre has indeed been challenging and often very rocky. I felt like I was constantly waiting for the next Dr visit, waiting for the next test, waiting for the next day to come because I couldn't sleep and waiting for any sign of recovery. It has been like a roller coaster. In the midst of the waiting I have found myself saying" God please don't let me miss out on what you want to teach me" He took me literally and has given me treasures that I wouldn't have received if he had immediately taken things away.

Psalm 40 I waited patiently for the Lord, he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire, he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.

Any vision for the future that is full of failure and empty of hope is not from God.
God doesn't want us to know the future. He wants us to know him. He wants us to trust him to guide us into the future one stip at a time.
Power of Praying Parent

One of my favorites from Calm my Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow
The Lord is my peace. I shall not live in anxiety. He puts me under his wing of comfort and calms my Spirit within me. He takes all my anxieties on Himself adn helps me to focus on him. Yes, though I walk wthrough a time of grave uncertainties and fierce anxieties, I will not fret-for you are my peace. Your word and your presence calm me now. You hold my uncertainties in the palm of your hand. You sooth my anxious mind--You smooth my wrinkled brow. Surely serenity and trust in you shall fill me all the days of my life. And I shall keep my mind stayed on you forever.

Next time: The true source of hope

No comments: