Wednesday, May 21, 2008

He is able!

Last Friday was quite a day! Do you ever have those days where everything seems to hit at once? That was how I was feeling. Emotionally I was struggling. It wasn’t that I had given up or didn’t feel that God was there or couldn’t work it out. I was just tired. Tired of hurting and tired of trying to figure out what neurologist to go to, as well as tired of trying to accept the fact that I am going to have to be on more powerful medication to address the pain. It didn’t help that Thursday we received two bills from the hospital and Friday we received a significant bill from a lab that we weren’t expecting.

Little did I know that God was planning a surprise for me that afternoon and evening. Not only did I find a local neurologist that was highly recommended to me and who had an opening in 10 days, but we received a unexpected check from an unexpected source to cover almost exactly what we still owe the hospital. Wow! Needless to say I cried. It was so humbling to realize how much God cares for us in the midst of this time. There is absolutely no way that this was a coincidence, but divine intervention by a loving God. He continues to remind us that nothing is impossible with him.

I continue to remember his promise to me: Isaiah 41:10 “So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

2 comments:

Meredith said...

God is good! Still praying for you...

Anonymous said...

In our prayers--Terry & Trena