Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Perservering

Perry says it is my turn to write and in that I find myself not knowing how and what to say. The last few weeks I have started to reenter life and with that have come lots of emotions. I have been overwhelmed, teary, joyful and even speechless in wondering how to to talk to people. Many have said "You look so good" and somehow the only thing I can muster is " I am glad the outside looks good". How do I respond to "How are you?" In the midst of all this, I am so thankful for my progress and especially for the ability to do things more as a family. That is such a blessing!

The part that is hard is that I find myself mentally ready to move on but my body is not ready. Last week I made the decision to go to Cody's Easter party at school. He was so excited! I felt like I could handle it. In combination with usual things at home my body did not like the increase in activity. The last four days I have spent a lot more time in bed and had a lot more pain and weakness in my legs. Unfortunately this means I am not sleeping that great either. I am constantly praying for wisdom to know how much I can do because my body doesn't always give me enough warning. It is during these times when I get my little journal out and I read all the quotes I wrote down from books and scriptures that God has given me. Then I pray and I pray for perserverance.

"Perserverance is how we cling within the grasp of God. It is waiting, it is staying and standing even without visible results... The Light offers constant pep talks that help us to persevere.
Hope causes you to have courage to claim God's promises and the bravery to believe revelation even when reason abandons you" Jennifer Rothschild

I am so thankful for heroes of the faith. I am so thankful for all of you who continue to pray and bless our family with meals and cards and gifts. I am thankful for the good that God has brought from this and all the things that he has taught me and my family. I pray that I will remain faithful and will apply all that he has taught me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My prayers continue for you, Rhonda.

Mindy Pierce