Friday, December 7, 2007

Mom and Dad are here!

Sometimes it is just nice to have your Mommy when you are sick. Do you ever get too old for that? On Monday night my parents arrived after a very eventful trip from Canada. I am amazed that they even arrived with their luggage. Since, I have often heard them comment how wonderful the weather is compared to the -25 degrees Celsius ( for those of you that don't know celsius it is very cold) in Canada. My mom is already dreading her return.

This week has been a big week for me not only because my parents are here, but also because I drove for the first time since August. Nothing too ambitious but trips to the doctor for Cody and myself as well as dropping off and picking up Cody from preschool on Wednesday. I really wanted to experiment while my parents were here because I knew they could come with me. That way if I got tired I could at least trade off. I think it went well and I feel like I can tolerate short trips. I feel like I continue to slowly improve and as long as I have times to rest in between activity I am managing. The key is not having to walk a lot and resting when I can.

The neurologist is pleased with my progress and feels like I am heading in the right direction. Amazingly, I don't have to see him until April. Makes me wonder if I will be back to normal by then.
I would appreciate your prayers for continued healing and good health. I feel like I get sick easily especially colds. I have had two in the last month and I have had terrible coughs. Thankfully it does end after about 10days. I am hoping to avoid the flu as this would really aggravate the Guillian Barre symptoms.
Thank you for continuing to support, pray and bless our family with meals. We are really enjoying having family here and even plan on making some homemade ice cream tomorrow( the boys are very excited). That sounds like a crazy thing to do in December ,but I get confused down here with the trees turning color and the warm weather. Perry often teases me that he can't believe that I grew up Canada because I was made for Texas.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

YOU DROVE!!! OH MY GOODNESS!! That is just wonderful! I'm so glad you are feeling well enough to drive. I will be so happy when you return to Sunday School. It is just not the same with out you!! Keep getting better!