Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First day of first grade

When I picked Bennett up from school and asked him how his day was, he said, "Fantastic." Rhonda when I got home said her day was "fair." Since Cody did not have his "best brother Bennett" for play time, mommy was constantly asked things (even with Grandma's best efforts to play knights, etc.). The new expecations and demands wiped her out a bit. Rhonda said tonight one of the toughest things is feeling a little bit better. You start to do a few things and then the weariness hits. She is still walking better, but the headaches and weariness are constant companions on the walks.

We did enjoy some firsts today in addition to the first day of first grade. The boys had their hair cut by someone else other than mommy. Due to someone's generosity, we all enjoyed in-house haircuts. It was a great blessing. Bennett was fine, but Cody had to be bribed with some Smarties (the Canadian version).

To all the MOPS from Rhonda: "Thank you, Thank you for your thoughtfulness. I loved the baskets and the pajamas were wonderful. How did you know that I needed some? I have felt so loved and taken care of. The meals have been so wonderful and so helpful. Thanks also to Kim for the yummy birthday cake. It made our birthdays really special. I continue to make progress each day and have started outpatient physical therapy. Thankfully I don't need the walker anymore and hope that my legs and body will strengthen quickly. I hope to see you soon."

No comments: